- 1903 - In their first game ever, the Tennessee Lady Vols are crushed by the ladies of Maryville College, 10-1.
- 1913 - With the Colored Basketball World's Championship on the line, Howard University runs roughshod over the defending champions, Monticello Athletic Association, 33-15.
- 1959 - Louisville upends in-state rival, second-ranked Kentucky, 76-61, as the Wildcats let a 15-point lead slip away in the Mideast Regional Semifinals of the NCAA Tournament.
- 1962 - The Boston Celtics beat the Syracuse Nationals, 142-110, becoming the first team to win 60 games (60-20) in an NBA season.
- 1976 - Fred Snowden’s Arizona Wildcats defeat John Thompson’s Georgetown Hoyas, 83-76, in the first round of the NCAA tournament. It is the first time that two African American coaches faced each other in a tournament game.
- 1983 - The NBA's Iron Man, Randy Smith, concludes his consecutive game streak at 906. During that time Smith played for Buffalo, San Diego (twice), Cleveland and New York. A.C. Green of the Dallas Mavericks would break Smith’s record on November 20, 1997.
- 1993 - Sheryl Swoopes of the Texas Tech Lady Raiders scores 53 against Texas, setting a new NCAA Division I Women's scoring record.
- 1998 - Right: Bryce Drew makes The Shot, a three-pointer at the buzzer to give Valparaiso a 70-69 win over Mississippi in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament.
- 1998 - Utah's John Stockton scores the 15,000th point of his career in a 110-101 win over Vancouver.
- 1999 - Charles Barkley of the Houston Rockets becomes the third player in NBA history to amass 20,000 points, 10,000 rebounds and 4,000 assists when he records his first assist in a 100-89 victory over Cleveland. He joins Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Wilt Chamberlain in this elite group.