- 1924 - The Colored Basketball World's Champion Loendi Big Five, led by Cumberland Posey, plays the Clarksburg Five in Clarksburg, Virginia. It is the first game between an all-black basketball team and an all-white team below the Mason-Dixon Line.
- 1956 - With the West defeating the East 108-94 in the sixth NBA All-Star Game in Rochester, Bob Pettit of the St. Louis Hawks captures the first of his NBA-record four All-Star Game MVP awards, leading his team with 20 points and 24 rebounds.
- 1976 - The Cleveland Cavaliers achieve their widest margin victory -- 43 points -- beating the Milwaukee Bucks, 132-89.
- 1990 - Right: Hall of Fame coach Clarence "Big House" Gaines collects the 800th victory of his college coaching career as his Winston-Salem State Rams beat Livingstone College, 79-70.
- 1998 - The Denver Nuggets beat the Los Angeles Clippers, 99-81, ending their streak of 23 consecutive losses. That streak tied the single-season record set by the Vancouver Grizzlies in 1995-96.
- 2009, Roane State Community College's Ken Mink (aged 73) scored a two-point Field Goal in a game against Hiwassee College, becoming the oldest person to ever score a field goal in a college basketball game.